Friday, 27 July 2012

Recent Purchase: Soap & Glory



001. Soap & Glory 'No Clogs Allowed: Super Self Heating Deep Pore Detox Mask'
I picked this up last minute without really looking at it in Boots one day; I just seen the word 'deep pore detox' and immediately rushed to the till! I have some issues with pores on my nose and chin, but nowhere else on my face are pores visible, and i'm no dermatologist but i'm guessing it's because my skin can be quite oily in these particular regions and it's causing the pores to open. I have tried every lotion, potion and pore strip packs i can get my hands on and nothing ever makes a difference so i didn't get my hopes up, though i was really intrigued by this self heating scrub. I've only used it twice but it does state on the pack that it should only be used a couple of times a week. You massage a grape sized amount into your skin and wait a few minutes before rinsing it off using water and the little sponge provided in the box. (Be warned parts of the scrub turn blue, no need to call the dermatologist!). I would by no means say this is a miracle product just yet, but i have noticed pores slightly less visible after only two uses, and perhaps it's a combination of this and my new found religious use of Etat Pur's 'Acide Salicylique' but my skin has honestly never looked better. 

002. Soap & Glory Supercat: Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen (with inkjet colour technology and gloss-fix finish)
I can honestly i'm completely sold on this refined black liner. Having used a Collection 2000 liquid liner for the last few years (you know when you just stick to a certain product because you're used to it?) with its little black ink pot and soft, spongy, flexible applicator, this sturdy and stable yet fine tip makes it much easier to apply, and gives you total control. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who likes cat eyes or winged liner. 

003. Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner
Another Soap & Glory product that i'd recommend. The texture of the pencil is the perfect combination; a smooth and creamy texture with a solid feel. It can be easily smudged for a smokey smouldering eye without ending up melting all over your face (not a great look!). There is also a sharpener attached to the lid! Revolutionary, right!?

Have you tried these products? I'd love to know what everyone thinks of them! 




29 comments:

  1. The smoulder eyeliner sounds great...is that a thicker pencil? I love doing smokey eyes :)

    pinkyvintagexx.blogspot.com XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. the deep pore detox mask looks very good. I have oily skin and pores on my t-zone are larger than the rest of my face. Would like to give this a try.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment, following you :)

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to try and Soap & Glory things, but the mask looks quite interesting. Could be my first purchase! Haha.

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog you got :)
    Come visit me!

    xo Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. that mask sounds pretty great, I will have to go and have a look! I just found your blog, I am amazed you don't have hundreds of subscribers! I would love it if you could have a little look at mine too :)
    x
    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deffo want to try the pore mask! Fingers crossed it works! Got to love S&G :D x

    www.katvlogsyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great buys! I do a winged liner everyday but i've been using the Collection 2000 one for about 3 years! I'll definitely be trying that liquid liner for a change!

    Temi xo STYLISH WHISPERS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soap & Glory products always look really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found your blog and love your aesthetic! and hey i actually just started a new blog. i'd love if you could come check it out and follow, if you like!!

    xo,
    http://www.annacbie.com

    ps: if you do follow, let me know by commenting and leaving your url on my most recent post. then i'll skip right over to follow you back :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already follow you :D Looks like some lovely things! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love 'no clogs allowed' mask, its amazing ;)i must try out the other items you purchased!
    maybe check out our blog?xo
    smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! I'm definitely following now! Stay in touch and check out my new blog xx

    http://thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice purchases! i am a big fan of soap&glory!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live by 'no clogs allowed', it's an amazing product!! But then I don't think Soap and Glory can do wrong! newest follower :) xx


    beautyconfessionsofabiggirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh I really want to have a splurge on soap & glory goodies! the 'no clogs allowed' sounds pretty guuurd x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your blog, so much cute <3
    Thank you for comment on my blog btw
    I am following you now and hope we can follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the face mask and the liquid liner and I love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely purchases! :D I really need a new liquid liner..

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooo, i love a bit of soap and glory; the masks sound really gorgeous! I might have to pick one of these up when i'm next in boots! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. i loove soap and glory! :)
    btw, i just loove your blog, i'm a new follower!! :D x

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love soap and glory!!

    I follow you now!

    follow my blog?
    http://mindy13579.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. A sharpener on the lip of an eye pencil is most certainly revolutionary! My favourite product of Soap & Glory's is most definitely their hand cream - it works wonderful for your hands!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard good things about the extreme eye liner pen...really need to get down to boots to buy it and give it a try! I love their range of lipsticks too...can't beat Soap and Glory these days!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't tried any of these products but they all look really great. I am such a fan of Soap and Glory so I will no doubt be trying them when I have the money or sending my bf to Boots ;) lol.

    Just followed you - that is you up to 90 followers now. Well done.

    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so any new follow is truly appreciated.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Soap and Glory products, but nothing can beat Sexy Mutha Pucker!

    www.littlekjf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have never quite got the hang of liquid eyeliner and have always used pencil eyeliner, I am a huge fan of soap & glory products though! So I might give their eyeliner a try, never know I might eventually grasp liquid eyeliner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love No Clogs Allowed! Soap&Glory is amazing, their products never disappoint!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete