Tuesday, 28 August 2012

August Joliebox Review









001. So Susan Cosmetics - Lip Cushion. 002. Dr Bronners Pure-Castile Soap 'Pillows'. 003. Joliebox Leather Hair Styling Lace. 004. So Susan Cosmetics - Wide Awake Face Palette. 006. Paul Smith Be Gorgeous - Revitalising Dry Shampoo.

I really try to be positive in my blog, and if i have a negative or 'so so' experience with a product, i'll just simply not include it. However, i know a lot of people reading blogs and beauty box reviews do so to find a beauty box they want to subscribe to and pay money for, so i'm going to be really honest and say i'm not overly thrilled.. It's just fine, you know?! The lip balm is a really lovely scent, and you will no doubt love it if your a strawberry fan, but it's absolutely minuscule and is completely drowning in the box they have provided, though i will admit the So Susan packaging is really cute. I'm a bit disappointed in the palette as i thought it looked lovely; the creams really don't do anything on your face, and there is much more fall away on the application of the eyebrow shadow than what actually stays on your brow which obviously isn't ideal.. i get a really 'cheap' feeling from the products in the palette, if i'm ignoring the lovely packaging! I'm comparing it to Benefit and Urban Decay primers and highlighters that i use already so maybe that's a bit unfair of me..I like that they've included a brush and a set of tweezers, pretty handy for anyone who didn't own some already . One product i'm really pleased with is the dry shampoo, as i had intentions of purchasing one anyway so that's saved me some pennies; it's also a really good size for something that has come in a Beauty Box! The soaps however are not a good size, which is a shame as the peppermint and citrus orange pure-castile soap both smell absolutely lovely and while i'm not going to go out of my way to seek them again, i would probably buy them if i happened to come across them! In the July Joliebox, we received a toe separator for painting your nails; they've clearly decided to run with the idea of a Joliebox brand 'extra' in the August box which comes in the form of.. a string of leather. If i'm really blunt and honest about this i think it's a bit of a joke! I have no idea what i'd do with it, and maybe i'll eat my words when i find out what other people have done with theirs but at the moment i just see it as nothing more than a strip of material wound round a piece of cardboard to beef the box up a bit! 

So to sum up, like the balm, love that i got some dry shampoo, feel the palette is a bit disappointing, and don't really get the leather string or miniscule samples of soap! I know this has probably come across as really negative, i've tried to inject my positive feelings as much as i can. I wouldn't say i'm disappointed in the box as a whole, i just really liked the July one and i don't think the August one really catered for me.. One man's treasure and all that! If you got a Joliebox this month i do hope you liked yours! 


17 comments:

  1. Aw thats a shame, i really need to sign up to beauty boxes ahah :) Btw i love how you edit your photos, its so cute :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Sophie! It's pretty much my way of making up for pretty average quality photographs, hopefully get myself a nice snazzy new camera soon x

      Delete
  2. nice box!

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, i actually heard that a lot about these beauty boxes. i don't think i'm going to try one :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree it is not as good as Julys. My palette is going as a gift to a young niece who needs cheering up , maybe the lip balm too as I have loads already, but it is lovely, albeit small. The leather is odd - already been used by my daughter as a toy dog lead as predicted! Dry shampoo - fab! Box is pretty though!! Hee hee! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is so pretty! Sometimes they seem to include things that you would expect as a free sample with a magazine. Btw, I love how you edit your photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was loving the palette when I first opened it up, but the eyebrow powders have way too much fallout and are shimmery, so weird! Haven't tried the creams yet but not getting my hopes up for them now :( x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A strong of leather, really? Did it even come with any suggestions as to what to do with it?

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the palette and the lip cushion! some really pretty products!!!

    www.maryjanett.blogspot.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I saw the pictures of this month's Joliebox, I was disappointed that I had unsubscribed that month because the products look great! But I guess looks can be deceiving sometimes! Damn the cute packaging! Lol!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post :)
    I love your blog!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got that EXACT palette, same font on the packaging and everything but it's from Jelly pong pong! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out Jelly Pong Pong actually own So Susan! Bit weird that they didn't just keep the original palette name? Who knows! x

      Delete
  12. Love the honesty, it wasn't negative in the slightest. The review was helpful, I'm going gift shopping so atleast I know what to kinda steer clear from
    Ammie xx

    www.ammieandsharrie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a good, well rounded review :) I'm still very intrigued by the lace and will be checking their blog to see what they suggest doing with it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good review and photos, looks like some lovely items really like the look of the lip balm.
    xxx
    http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that being open and honest about products is so important to us readers. There are too many bloggers out there who aren't honest. Props for you! Keep up the good blogging :)


    maijuscloset.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete