001. Dove Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion in Medium to Dark 002. St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse 003. Tantastic Instant Tan 004. L'oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Gel
I don't apply tan too often, but i feel like i've been on a never ending quest to find the right one since i was around 17. I've literally tried around 20 different ones, and these four are the beacons of hope so far!
001. Dove Summer Glow Beauty Body Lotion (Medium to Dark) - While i know a lot of people use this as a tinted build-up moisturizer that you apply daily for a natural looking even glow, i find it can take days to make a difference on my skin because of showering and the application of other beauty products. I also don't like the feeling of it on my body, it takes forever to dry and has that infamous tan aroma constantly while it develops. So i tend to use this as primarily on my face, blending it with my foundation to lessen the heaviness of the high coverage. What i like about using it in this way is that when i take my makeup off i'm still left with a natural looking and even tint of tan on my face without my makeup on.
002. St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse - For the price this product is really hard to beat; It does exactly what it says on the bottle, an instant mousse, and it really is instant. This product emerges from the pump in a foamy kind of texture and can be easily spread using a self tanning mitt. I use this product on my legs as i find developing tans come out much less on my legs than everywhere else, it's odd really.. i'm not sure why this is the case but that's what happens! What is really handy about this product is it's great for last minute decisions to go out or if you're getting ready in a rush; application literally takes a few minutes, and you have complete control over how natural or intense a colour you want to achieve through layering. Because it's completely instant it's going to stay how you see it upon application, unless of course you're heading out into a thunderstorm in which case this probably wouldnt be the best as it washes off so easily!
003. Tantastic Instant Tan - The most expensive of these products, but worth every penny. I would describe this best as a kind of staining tan on application, the substance is a tinted liquid which you apply with a tanning mitt. It soaks in to the mitt and a little goes a long way; a drop or two for instance would definitely cover your face and neck. While this tan states that it is instant though, it goes on very light as a tint and does intensify after a couple of hours, which is actually a pro rather than a con as it has much more lasting power than a completely instant product and won't completely disappear in a sea of brown in the shower, instead fading to a lighter tan. I think i bought this for around £18 in semi-chem, but it lasts me quite a while! I've bough this prodcut twice now and will definitely be re-purchasing.
004. L'oreal Sublime Bronze Gel - I have a couple of friends who absolutely swear by this product, so i bought it after around a year of listening to them rave about it! It's quite reasonably priced at 9.65 if you look at higher end tans and the Tantastic product, but i can't see this product lasting very long. I have used it twice and it's already nearly half empty.. unless i'm being extremely generous in my application! I applied this and allowed it to develop overnight before showering to reveal a lovely natural looking tan, especially on my face; I would happily wear this without any makeup during the day. It's a shame the product runs out quite quickly as otherwise i can't really fault it!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the chance to win a gorgeous pair of galaxy print leggings!