001. Twistband Hair Ties 002. Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion 003.Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant 004. Balmi Mint Lip Balm 005. I Love... Strawberry Face Mask
After a glitch in the delivery of my parcel (nothing ever seems to be straight forward with Joliebox when it comes to the delivery...) It arrived yesterday, so i've had a little time to try most of these out already. I'm not going to lie, the September box seems really empty in comparison to previous boxes. But after looking at the products and reading about them, as skimpy as it seems, these are all products i would consider picking up myself to try out anyway.
001. Twistband Hair Ties - Completely pointless and unrelated item to find in a beauty box, after the random string of leather in the July box i was surprised to find another scrap of material in this one, i don't really know how they can pass this off as a beauty box item as it's basically a hair bobble. I sound so pesimistic but these silly items have really bugged me! It just seems like a box filler..
002. Redken Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion - This is something i'm really excited about using! I have quite dry but thich hair so it can be really unpredictable, some days it will be really puffy and frizzy and others it will be absolutely fine, so i'm hoping this could keep my frizzy days to a minimum! It is a best selling lotion which controls hair for naturally straight results whilst providing heat protection and banishes frizz, yay!
003. Dr Bragi Bio Marine Exfoliant - A marine based exfoliant to smooth, cleanse, brighten and renew tired skin. I tried one of the little sachets out earlier (there was just about enough in the packageing), i wasn't overly impressed which was a bit disappointing as it's a high end exfoliant. It's a nice product to use though don't get me wrong, it leaves skin feeling really soft, but i'm not sure how much it actually exfoliated.. the endless search for a miricle face exfoliator continues!
004. Balmi Mint Lip Balm - A lovely fresh scented balm which contains SPF 15 to moisturise the lips and protect from harmful UVA rays. I just love the packageing and shape of this product, and i'm really loving mint products recently so i'm pleased i got this flavour!
005. I Love... Strawberry Face Mask - I do not love this strawberry facemask (i know i'm sorry i went there). It's really gungey and sticky, and i found you're actually better only using half of the sachet as it won't dry in if you layer it up as much as i did.This is more of a 'peel' than a mask. It's a really nice scent, but i found my skin feeling quite dry after use. I don't really think this should have been included as it's quite a budget skincare brand and beauty boxes are all about high end cosmetics so.. There we have it.
This is my last Joliebox, i'm sort of over the beauty box novelty. I think the market has become a bit oversaturated with them and to be honest it's become less about getting high end samples out there and more about how little the companies can get away with putting into each box. I think i'd much rather save the money for my own trips to the cosmetics counters so i can pick what my money goes on! Also i've been absolutely useless at blogging this week, i had a lot going on between making up a portfolio and prepping for an interview i had, so fingers legs and arms crossed!