Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub Review



Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub 25g £5.25

I had been really looking forward to a mini spree in Lush as i'd not been to Belfast in a good few weeks, so while i was there yesterday meeting some friends for dinner and Frappucinos i picked up a few bits and pieces!When looking around Lush it's easy to think things are a bit overpriced, but you have to keep in mind the values of the highly ethical values of the company, and of course the face that it's all hand made. Of the things i bought this is the only one i've had time to properly use, and i'm already addicted. The taste and scent is a sweet chocolate vanilla, and is made primarily from castor sugar, which is exactly how it feels! You apply the scrub with your finger and rub it in to your lips to exfoliate and hydrate them, before licking off the excess, which is a novelty i'm really into given it tastes completely divine. I absolutely hate lip glosses, and i find that with some balms the effect can be drying, resulting in you having to constantly re-apply throughout the day, but this is completely different. After removing the excess you're left with hydrated soft lips which feel natural and substance-free! No stickiness, no shiny glossy look, just healthy natural lips. I can tell this little pot is going to last quite a while as well, it doesn't seem to be going down and i've found myself reaching for it countless times over the last couple of days! If you're not into the sweet chocolate flavour, there is also a mint and a bubblegum flavour which i will definitely be trying out next.






11 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing up the bubble gum one for ages but the price tag has always put me off, as normally I already have a few items in my hand. But this sounds really good and especially now its coming into winter I may just have to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the bubblegum one and it smells delicious! It makes such a difference to my lips, I'd definitely recommend it. Angelica x

      Delete
  2. Always wanted to try this!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I'm just nearing the bottom of my mint pot so I may have to give chocolate a go next now that I know it's nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the bubblegum lip scrub but will deffo purchase this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a decent lip exfoliant for ages so I may have to give this a go, sounds great!

    Great post!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this in bubblegum but definitely willing to try new 'scents' x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the bubblegum one and it tastes as good as it looks!

    www.georgamcilroy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lip scrubs!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks yummy I've seen the bubblegum one but not this I want it now ha xx
    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete