Saturday, 8 September 2012

Primer Dream Team!




001. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
002. Benefit 'That Gal' Brightening Facial Primer

001. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - I've been using this eye shadow primer for literal years now and i wouldn't even consider buying an alternative! If it ain't broke and all that. It is applied with a wand and the consistency is a smoothing creamy texture, but it does begin to stiffen more the longer you have it.I think this is priced around the £18.50 mark at the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams, sounds steep but it lasts absolutely ages, and when it does it's job so well it makes it a bit hard to question the price tag! Sounds awful but sometimes after nights out it's just too much of a chore to take a wipe and remove my makeup, and in the morning my eye shadow is completely intact! You can't ask for more than 24 hours staying power really? Not only does the primer make the shadow stay on longer, it enhances the colour too! When i forget to put the primer on first i instantly notice upon applying eye shadow; the colour isn't as vibrant, and the skin isn't as smoothed out and crease resistant, I can't recommend this product enough!

002. Benefit 'That Gal' Brightening Facial Primer - A shimmering pink toned substance which you twist out of the dispenser and rub into your skin before the application of makeup, according to the bottle you can wear it alone too but i'm not sure the pink tone would do much for anyone. This product is aptly named, it brightens the appearance of skin and provides a smooth, silky, and hydrated base for foundation to glide on to. It absorbs quickly, leaving a bright satin finish which feels smooth and lightweight - just what you want from a primer really! 


22 comments:

  1. I'm in desperate need for some more Urban Decay Primer Potion, I'm running low! I tried some of the That Gal primer at the Benefit counter last month and fell in love. The no waste function is so clever! Your nails look lovely, by the way :) xx

    Violence & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try That Gal for a while now, so thank you for doing a review on it :)

    indiansummeronline.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I had the same experience with the UD primer potion..the bottle actually deteriorated at the bottom :/ Weird-it could've just been bad luck because I've heard many other rave reviews of this product.

    Love your nails in these photos by the way :)

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that gal is a beaut ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been loving primers lately, great reviews:)

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love benefit That Girl Primer. It's my favourite :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im not really a primer girl!! Doesn't really do much for me but the 'That Gal Primer' is gorgeous for brightening up my skin! I love it

    www.maryjanett.blogspot.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. i seriously want to try that, that girl primer! but i use pore-fessional! :/ x

    http://ohabbiee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never tried these products as I'm a religious MAC user lol but I think it's time I ventured into some new beauty brands - thanks for sharing lovely

    Eda ♥

    Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

    @BloggerEda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love how you edit your photos btw :) Great post, i want both, aghh

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not exactly the point of the post but your nails look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post!

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Primers have always been something I've avoided, was never sure if they were worth it or not- but knowing these are so effective I'll be sure to get these if I do branch out into the Primer world :) thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have ended up with both these products in gift sets i received as presents, i've never actually used either but tempted to give it a go now.

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That gal looks really good! Might have to invest in some soon :) x

    thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely LOVE that gal. Ive had the urban decay eyeshadow primer for ages now, and just not used it, i will now though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a great post!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks,for your lovely comment on my blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Let me know follow you then back on both.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. just wanted to say i love your blog, it's so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm desperate to try the Benefit primer, shame its too pricey for me! :( X

    ReplyDelete