Thursday, 22 November 2012

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25 (Review & Photo)




MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25

I have been using Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation now for the past 3 or so years while trying out the odd foundation here and there which never quite stuck.. and while it is an absolutely impeccable product i just fancied a change. So i purchased the MAC Studio Fix Fluid n NC25 to give it a whirl. The first day i used this, i won't lie was at 6.30am, and i absolutely hated it. I just felt so washed out and oily looking and the coverage was seriously poor. But given the lack of sleep i had the night before and being up from 6am i thought it deserved the benefit of the doubt, so upon a further few days of applying it i feel like i have a better understanding of this product. Some of the MAC foundations (this one in particular) get bad press in the blogging community and it really put me off even attempting any of them, and also made me really sceptical of this product, in a way i was expecting it to be awful before actually giving it a chance. With this foundation you need to use quite sparingly and build it up as you go, applying in a circular motion with a good foundation brush (Real Techniques are outstanding - as if you hadn't heard of them!). It takes a little extra attention than what i was used to with my Doublewear, after three years you get into a way of firing it on your face in a matter of minutes when you have somewhere to be, but with the extra care in applying the Studio Fix comes great coverage, an even tone and complexion, and a luminescent quality as if it has a bult in highlighter. Everyone is obviously different, but i find a slight oiliness to my skin when i apply this, so i dust a very little amount of powder on top.. literally a skim! I've been using a Topshop powder and a Maybelline Fit Me (220 Natural Beige). I've actually done a complete U-turn from initially trying this product out, and wound up putting it (almost) up there with my Doublewear! 

I would actually love to know how everyone else found MAC's Studio Fix Fluid so if you have tried it let me know!




9 comments:

  1. That foundatio look really natural looks great!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not keen on liquid foundation especially from Mac, however I love there BB cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment and reading the post! :)
    I have a love/hate relationship with MAC, their the only ones that fit my skin colour so far but make me breakout so much!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations for the blog ... I will follow you ... I hope you'll join my followers ...see you soon ....
    http://ragazzocomune.blogspot.it/
    http://scrivimidamore.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never tried mac foundations but this is one I've heard so many good things about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just gone from using this foundation for a year to Double Wear and I wish there was a foundation somewhere that was the two mixed together! Double Wear has better coverage but I find I have to be careful as it ends up looking cakey on me if I build it up too much, but both great foundations, the MAC looks flawless on you and the colour match looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love MAC products! :*
    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete